Vanessa*, who was referred to us by a Social Prescriber during lockdown, has been a very complex case, with lots of issues and complex needs, including health and emotional issues, She has anxiety as part of her condition, and so was very scared of catching...
Devon Communities Together
Devon Communities Together is an independent charity engaged in a wide range of projects and services that support our vision of dynamic Devon communities shaping their own futures.
Our team is focused on inspiring, upskilling, training, supporting and advising groups and individuals to make changes and achieve positive outcomes for their communities.
- DCT works together with communities of place and of common interest, affiliation or identity to have a voice, develop a clear purpose, make an impact and achieve change.
- Personalised energy saving advice and support as part of the Big Energy Saving Network. We can guide you through energy saving, switching supplier, and accessing discounts where eligible.
- Devon Highlights – A support and befriending service for people aged 55+ feeling lonely or socially isolated.
- New Start Devon - Fully funded one-to-one coaching to cultivate interest in and development of new business start-up and enterprise opportunities.
- Devon Community Learning Academy – online learning opportunities
- Covid -19 Community Support Telephone Helpline, staffed 9am to 5pm on weekdays 0808 1963390.
Telephone 01392 248919
“Lockdown had a huge impact on my freelance business, both in terms of my income and my ability to manage my workload. Matthew [from Devon Communities Together] helped me work through a really tough time and has enabled me to come out the other side …” Devon Communities Together business coaching client
“Matthew’s [from Devon Communities Together] coaching sessions proved enlightening for me. Showing me new ways of thinking that I can immediately put into practise…Thankyou! Very effective and motivating.” Devon Communities Together business coaching client
“The phone calls [from Devon Communities Together] break the day up and it's a surprise. It's just a nice thing to think that someone is thinking of you …” Devon Communities Together Devon Highlights project participant (supporting over 55s at risk of loneliness)
“I had calls with Aggie [from Devon Communities Together]. It helps me, especially when I feel down sometimes. She is very positive.” Devon Communities Together Devon Highlights project (supporting over 55s at risk of loneliness)
“The phone calls [from Devon Communities Together] do help, I can just be me and just chat…I love talking and it's just a chance for me to talk…I’m just in a different world, not thinking of anything else.” Devon Communities Together Devon Highlights project participant (supporting over 55s at risk of loneliness)
“It’s helped with my loneliness a lot! I mean I've been feeling lonely sometimes anyway, but the group [hosted by Devon Communities Together] is so friendly, nice and supportive.” Devon Communities Together Devon Highlights project participant (supporting over 55s at risk of loneliness)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Free online small business support event. Listening Ear is a new service from Devon Communities Together, funded by Devon County Council, that is helping business owners who are finding things stressful at the moment. As well as offering 1-2-1 wellbeing support calls...